Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Hey, you don’t have tell Me I’m late posting!


OK, I know I need to apologize for not posting for so many weeks. Sorry, sorry, sorry (hope that’s enough, ‘cause groveling is hard on the knees). When I first started this blog I planned on posting at least once a week but I got off schedule when my husband took time off from work after some surgery. In case you’re wondering, which is so nice of you, he’s fine and finally back to work (YAY!!!!!!).

I found some of you were a bit (ok more than a bit, so thank you for caring) worried after my post on the s-word. Especially since I don’t have comments set up here and I seldom check the email that goes with this blog. Some of you were clever enough to figure it out so again thank you for sending all the caring and love. Now a graphic of hearts and flowers and kissing squirrels just for you ‘cause you all were so sweet.


No ‘hope you did it’ or ‘you suck, so do it’ crap from you sweet people. Thank you again. It’s nice to know not everyone out here is a big mean troll.

Now back to the time sucking husband and why it’s been way too long since my last post. Every time I thought of something to write about I’d head for pen & paper. Why you ask, because I couldn’t get to my computer. Before I even had a chance to write he’d be yelling for me to come see something on TV or on the computer. He has his own laptop but always seems to be on my desktop when I’d like to use it. Why? Because he’s a big pain in the ass computer hog and will even have both going at the same time.

He’s really bad about wanting me to see some actors on old TV shows in hope that I’d remember them. It makes me even more insane (and I really can’t afford to get much more). Since I’ve spent a lot of time housebound I’ve watched a lot of TV, especially old shows and movies. I LOVE old movies from the 1930’s, especially Joan Blondell and Barbara Stanwick movies! So since I’m the designated authority (guess it’s nice to be the know-it-all about something around here) on TV and movies I MUST come when called and I MUST help figure out who the actor is and what else the DH may have seen him in. He only resorts to looking them up on the computer if I can’t figure it out first or if he wants to know more about them. He also likes to play a game called ‘Who do they remind you of?’ which also can add to my craziness. That game also applies to people we see when we are out together. That may explain why I prefer to shop by myself ... hmmmm

So you ask, didn’t he ever go out? So why not write then. My, you are inquisitive! Because when he went out I used that time for cleaning and doing other stuff around here. Now you want to know why not do that when he’s at home? Do you really want to know or are you just being polite? Because it’s a bitch dusting and vacing with someone giving (un-) helpful tips. Like, why are you doing it that way? Wouldn’t it be easier to do my way (meaning him of course)? Because we all know the DH is mister know-it-all about everything (but TV and movies) so his way has to be better than the way I’ve been cleaning since I was a kid (‘cause my Mom hated to clean so she got me to start doing it as soon as I could drag a canister vac around and spray the pledge).

Whew I didn’t realize I had so much pent it anger about it . . . . . . . . . . . . . this is me slowly breathing in and out trying to calm down and DH don’t tell me I’m doing it wrong. I’ve just about had enough with being bossed around. Like I told him, you’re not my parents and since my Dad is gone only my Mom gets to and he looks nothing like her (thank goodness, how creepy would that be.... shudder) even though he used to put on shoes she left at the back door when he came to visit when we were still dating. It wasn’t anything weird like putting on heels, but yeah it’s weird him wearing her shoes. What it was all about was that he’d have his own tie shoes off, need to go out to his car, and it was easier to slide on her slip-on shoes than tie on his. I know it’s still weird.

I just realized I got totally grumpy at you for nothing at all. I’m going to have to apologize again but this time I have to skip the knee bit since I now have a cat on my lap. So here it goes, I made this graphic because I know it’s just want Andy here wants to say!


Andy's actually laying in the dog's bed (which they hate but won't make him move because their noses know just how dangerous cat nails are). I would never make him stand up and pose like that .... unless he really wanted to....  wonder if there are any cat treats around here?