Saturday, July 11, 2020

Caffeine ------

As I was saying: Caffeine, can’t live with it and can’t do without it; or should that be: shouldn’t have it but can’t function without it?

As anyone who has panic attacks knows, we SHOULD NOT have caffeine. The nasty, yummy stuff can set off heart palpations and the next thing you know its panic attack time. I’d rather it was Morris Day & the Time or even ancient repeats of “It’s Howdy Doody Time”. But instead of dancing or laughing it’s slowing my breathing to calm down. BTW, why would anyone name a puppet from a child’s tv show after poo? I mean, what were they thinking? Or .... did poo get named doody after the show cause it wasn’t very good? I’ve never seen an entire episode so I can’t honestly say whether I think it just might be or not. Google did not help, not that it always does.

So any way, caffeine and I have a real love-hate relationship. I love it and it hates me. I have the same problem with other foods but back to caffeine ..... at least after I sip some more iced chocolate coffee (super strong please, yummmmmm).

Days begin with iced coffee whirled with dark chocolate almond milk and ice in my old Nutri-bullet when it’s hot out(ok, not only when it’s hot) or hot Irish or English breakfast tea served black with some stevia when it’s cold. I love these really strong teas! I then switch over to iced tea though I do work some water in, too. I’m trying to switch out some of the tea for seltzer. Thank goodness I love bubbly water :)

I have worked hard to give up Coke (the soda, not the drug though to some people drinking coke all day it kinda is a drug), but giving up tea and coffee, no way. I know you’re thinking why not decaf? I’m not a mind reader I’ve just heard it all before. The DH complains about it all the time. He’s a “good boy” who drinks 2 cups of ½ & ½ coffee a day and decaf tea. I NEED the caffeine to keep me going. I’m not a sound sleeper and wake up all night. I’ve tried ear plugs but worried I’d miss the phone or something important like the dog barfing. DH can sleep through most anything but me fussing so I spend some nights on the couch. Speaking of being sleepy I’m off to get a refill before I zone out again. It’s taken me way too long to write this post.

Stay safe, avoid crowds (like agoraphobics need to hear that), and WEAR a damn mask!

and neither am I, so no
I'm still not opening the blog to posts from readers
'cause I know there are some out there that are too trollish.
There's way too much hate swirling about and I'm
not equipped to deal with it.