Saturday, July 25, 2020

Dogs and Pee, & why I should listen to me!

Surprise! I’m posting again! Just had to because I really need to vent about what happened.

The neighbors decided to go to the beach today and asked us to let their 5 dogs out to pee in the afternoon. I hadn’t been around the dogs for months so they were VERY excited to see me. I was excited, too. I missed the boys but after losing Penny this past winter (she was only 4 and it was VERY bad) I had a hard time being around them since they are the same breed. It made me way too sad.

So back to why I’m venting, it’s all about what I used to call my PinkyBrain and how it was always screwing me. Well, it did it today. I knew, really knew I should change out of my good sandals into sneakers but the DH said he’d do all the walking, I could just sit and visit with them. HUGE and I mean HUGE mistake as the more submissive of the bunch pee’d on my foot while getting scratched.

If I’d really listened to the good side of my brain I wouldn’t be hoping this sandal will dry after I scrubbed it with FelsNaptha soap. It’s sitting out in the sun but I’m worried it won’t be dry by tomorrow when I need to wear them while shopping.

You may wonder why I just don’t wear something else. It’s because I sprained my ankle and with the leg wrap and how hot it is these are my best choice. Again with the PinkyBrain crap. I saw them for sale again back in May and thought, “Gee, I should buy another pair. It wouldn’t hurt to have a second pair since I like how they fit.” But the crap side of my brain talked me out of it and when I went back the next week they were sold out of my size.

I’m going to Dunhams tomorrow and see if they have something similar in stock. Probably not since it’s so late in the summer and stores just don’t have the stock like usual because of covid.


Here’s a pic of my baby girl. I can’t post about how she died. It was too awful and I miss her soooooooo much.